Sunday, August 7, 2011

An Interesting Turn of Events

I recently learned that one of my former co-workers at KREM is now headed for the big city of Seattle. My immediate reaction was "Good for her! That's awesome!" My second reaction was "there's a producer opening at KREM I never saw coming so soon." Two days after I found out she was leaving I thought about going back.

There are many things I miss about my former life. The money, the amazing insurance package, the clout, the rush of breaking news and severe weather, the competitiveness. But I left for very, very personal reasons so I knew I needed some more time to think it through. What I forgot to do was pray about it.

This morning I went to church and the whole service almost made me cry. Tears formed, but I was able to choke them back. It was all about how we forget to pray things through, we look for others to be our best friends when really all we need is Jesus, and how we start to sink when we take our eyes off Jesus ((ala Simon Peter trying to walk on water)). That's it, I'm staying put.

I hope that the door to news is not shut forever, but right now it might be where I want to be but it is not where God wants me to be. I need to work on my relationship with him. Somewhere along the way of long hours and taking care of the dogs, I took my eyes off Jesus and started to worry about myself, my life, my stuff and forgot to worry about my faith. I left KREM because it was toxic for me there and it might still be. Instead of working on the news, I'll work on my relationship with Jesus. Every. Single. Day.

No comments:

Post a Comment