Tuesday, August 2, 2011

The Grammar Police

A co-worker of mine recently started text messaging me a lot. It was all fun and games until he repeatedly used "your" incorrectly. He thinks "your" can be used in the same way the contraction for "you are" can be. WRONG. Oh my does this bother me to my very core. The first time I tried to subtly tell him he misused the word. The second and third time I told him it annoyed me and he really needed to fix it if he wanted to continue to text me. The fourth time I just about threw the phone across the room. Was he trying to annoy me right over the edge? He actually asked if I was just joking about being annoyed by it. Seriously? I mean seriously? Have we met? 

Now I don't like to consider myself the grammar police and I'm sure if you went over this blog you'd find a few mistakes here and there. I don't pretend to be perfect, but I do have respect for the English language. Clearly, this man does not and therefore we have nothing else to discuss. There are many, many things to find sexy about a man, but nothing beats good banter, ambition, wit, and nerdy convos about sentence structure. I was lucky enough to find this combo once, I'm starting to doubt if I ever will again. Where have all the single, sexy, grammatically correct men gone? Wherever they are I miss, love, and cherish them. Every. Single. Day. 

1 comment:

  1. It causes my vocabulary cortex to go into a spin when people do that. Too funny!!!

    ReplyDelete