Friday, November 18, 2011

Tie One On

When I was a kid I hated having to sell things for school Whether it was gift wrap or girl scout cookies I wanted it to magically just happen without me having to ask people for money. To this day that's something I'm still not comfortable with. Even working at retail and now as a server, I make sure people know what it is they are paying for. I don't want anyone to feel ripped off or obligated to buy. But there was one fundraiser I didn't mind selling to my mom and that was the red ribbons from MADD.

Mothers Against Drunk Driving has been a cause that has been near and dear to my heart most of my life. With Thanksgiving less than a week away I thought this would be a good time to sell virtual red ribbons from MADD. This time I'm not asking for money, all you have to do is buy into the concept of designated driving. Call a cab, call a friend, or heck just don't drink at all. I know I enjoy me some sparkling grape juice on New Year's. Why is this so important to me? Because I love being alive. Every. Single. Day.

No comments:

Post a Comment