Friday, June 17, 2011

Adventures in Traveling

One of my best friends from college is getting married this weekend so I'm flying into Chicago. Right now I'm blogging from Denver International Airport. The best part about this wedding is not only do I get to see one of my favorite people, I also get to see my family. I haven't been home for Father's Day in four years so the timing couldn't be better! 

I've been lucky (knock on wood with one flight to go) I've had pretty smooth travels just about every time I've gone home. Last time I went home it was a bit of a nightmare getting off the ground, but six hours late is better than dead. That's another blog post for another day. This time the worst thing that's happened so far is Southwest's Wi-Fi wasn't so Wi-Fi after all. Good thing the airport is. 

I truly love when my connecting flight is in Denver. It's my favorite airport with Sea-Tac a close second. But unlike Sea-Tac, Denver marks the halfway point of my travels. It also has this great little bakery that I always stop at to get a tuna sandwich. Then I chow down and steal the Internet. So far, I've found that I really enjoy traveling in general. I carry on my luggage and navigate my way through airports as though I might actually know what I'm doing.  I wish I could actually spend sometime in Denver or anywhere else for that matter. Once I graduate, I want to take some time to travel more. My real dream is to go on the Amazing Race with my mom. We'd be hilarious. But for now, I'm loving the fact that I'm on my way home, and wish I could spend every single day with my mom. 


No comments:

Post a Comment