Monday, June 6, 2011

Too Cool for School

I think if I had a running theme for this year of my life it would be "always learning." I've learned a lot about myself and a lot at school, but now these two new jobs have taught me a lot also. For instance, this weekend I had to attend First Aid/CPR for infants, children, and adults. Cool! It was so neat. Our instructor was waaay over qualified to teach us CPR and first aid. We learned about real life scenarios and it helped put everything in perspective. And the best part is work paid for it. Now I can add CPR certified to the list of things to describe myself. Awesome. Awesome. Awesome. 

I also have a food handler's permit and I took a blood borne pathogens class. I still need to take a class on HIV/Aids though. Even though some of those might not sound so cool, I think it's fun to learn new things. I've always enjoyed being a student and this gives me hope that I really can be a life long student even after I've completed my Master's Degree and I don't have to travel the world to do it! ((Although that would be nice)) I've learned so much just by taking advantage of every opportunity given to me. I love to learn. Every. Single. Day. 

No comments:

Post a Comment