Sunday, May 8, 2011

Happy Mommy's Day

My mom is my best friend, and at 25 I've officially become her. Every time I look in the mirror, I can see my mom's reflection looking back. Her little voice of common sense and wisdom annoyingly follows me where ever I go. When I take my makeup off at night and apply my face cream an echo in the room tells me to "lotion, lotion, lotion." Every Pilates and Yoga class I take reminds me of how she use to stretch on the living room floor when I was a kid. Then, I thought she was crazy, now I think she's a genius. And when I left my career behind, I became a waitress, just like mom was for all those years.

There is far more reasons why I love my mom then the fact I inherited her mannerisms, good looks, and some of her common sense. I've been through a lot of tough stuff her in Washington and when I had something really difficult to tell my mom, she reacted with nothing but love. She's been my support and my rock. I can feel her prayers from 2,000 miles away. I wish today I was spending the day sitting in her kitchen talking to her as she wiped down everything in sight or treating her to breakfast and a pedicure. One day I'll make it home for mother's day. Despite the fact that I can't be with her, I still love my mom. Every. Single. Day.

No comments:

Post a Comment