Saturday, May 14, 2011

An Offer I Can't Refuse?

Wow! Sorry it's been nearly a week since my last blog post. I hate when I blog slack but I haven't even turned on my computer in days. Which leads me to this latest story.....

It's been two months since I put in my two weeks notice and left the news world behind. I still have no regrets. I love my life in case you haven't noticed :) But a few days ago I received an email from a news consultant I used to work with a few years back. We've always kept in contact and he often tells me I'm one of his favorites. That's always nice to hear from a guy who travels around the country training producers. Anyway, he asked how things were going and was quite surprised when I said I had quit and was now waiting tables. He wrote me back saying that was too bad he had big plans for me. I didn't pursue what that meant.

Then, another email came with those big plans: An executive producer position in Toledo, Ohio. No matter the market size, I would consider that a promotion and it would take me back to the Midwest ((I moved to Washington State from Illinois 4 years ago)). Wow! I didn't see that one coming. I'm flatterer and conflicted.

I haven't had a chance to really get back to him other than to say I'm not ignoring you just busy busing tables and running after 2 year olds. It's worth asking a few questions about, but the biggest question of all is Will this make me happy? Because right now I'm exactly that. And I love being happy. Every. Single. Day.

1 comment:

  1. Wow, that is pretty awesome Britt! I would definitely inquire more about the position. An interview here or there never hurt anybody, right? Whether you take it or not, it's good to just hear it out, I'd say.

    Overall though, stick with doing things that make you happy. You only have one life, make it worthwhile :)

    ReplyDelete