Sunday, May 1, 2011

Employed

22 posts into the unemployment blog and I have a job. I actually didn't think it would take so long to find work, considering I didn't really care what I did as long as it seemed like the people I worked with would like me this time, I could see outside, and they paid me. I've had a blast being unemployed and I think a lot of these loves and adventures will continue. The only difficulty has been the obvious, I'm beyond broke. But that's OK because what I've really learned from my "career years" is that just getting a paycheck isn't enough to keep me at work.

So my new gig is waiting tables at Laguna Cafe on Spokane's South Hill. It's actually right next to my apartment complex so I can continue to walk to work and now I don't even have to cross the street! It's important to save on gas money. I'm only two shifts in but I already really like it. Everyone there seems really nice. It is a pool tip system so it doesn't appear to be overly competitive for no reason either. Already two wonderful attributes missing from my "career."

The only question now is should I continue with the unemployment blog? I've used this forum to stay positive during my job search. I had a few down days, but focusing on the positive allowed me to see those were just days, not a lifetime. So what do you think? Should I continue to find the love in my post career days while I wait tables or has this little blog run its course? Either way I love being employed. Every. Single. Day.

1 comment:

  1. I would say keep it up! You could redirect your focus, instead of unemployment maybe ..."Steps to living a happy life" or something along those lines, because this is obviously what you have found! Continue living for you girl, and doing whatever makes you smile. That is always the most important thing. Always! :)

    ReplyDelete