Saturday, May 7, 2011

Tweet, Tweet!

I can't believe I am closing in on my 400th Twitter follower! It all started a few years ago while I was a morning show producer. I used my Twitter account to help promote our upcoming segments, but I'm sure no one ever followed me for that reason. At first it was just a few of my friends, then a few fellow broadcasters all across Washington, and now my followers include the mayor of Spokane, National Hemophilia Federation, KING 5 News in Seattle, more news and sports people, and a whole lot of people I don't even really know. What I do know is, I know them via Twitter and that's just fine by me.

Now all those nearly 400 accounts get doses of inspiration, my thoughts on the Bulls and Whitesox, pet updates, and all my other passions. I even upload pics every once in a while. For those of you who don't follow me, it's probably the best way to keep up with me 24/7 ((if you really care that much)) plus, it's the main way I spread the word about this blog and the dog blog.

Of all the forms of social media I am a part of, I have to say Twitter is def my fav. I almost thought about getting off of Facebook for awhile, and we all know I almost abandoned ship on at least one of my blogs. But when it comes to Twitter, I'm pretty sure I'll be tweeting away until I'm 90. You should have seen me the day I discovered Tweetdeck! Ahhhh! Like a kid on Christmas I was so excited. For me, I treat tweets like headlines in the newspaper. In fact, I think of  Twitter like my parents would think of the newspaper. I have my coffee and check the day's news on it. I also use it to put my own news out into the world. I feel like I have something to offer and say to the world, and I use Twitter to do it. Plus, it's like one stop shopping. I can find out what's happening in Spokane, news from everywhere, what's the latest with all of my favorite sports teams, and check on my friends, all in one cup of coffee. For me, there is no better medium to hit up a lot of sources all at once.

What can I say? I love Twitter. Every. Single. Day.

No comments:

Post a Comment