Saturday, May 28, 2011

Stuff

Have you noticed that of all the things I've blogged about loving so far almost none of these posts have anything to do with stuff? The closest I think I come really is when I talk about going to the salon. Still, the ultimate point of that is the feeling I get when I'm at the salon more so than the end result. So why is it that other people have such a hard time excepting the fact that stuff to me is just that? 

I was able to build a pretty good career for myself for nearly three years. With that, came stuff. I have a really nice apartment, some bits and pieces of furniture, a bike, and a 14 year old car. Sure, I'm not living in luxury by any stretch of the imagination but I was able to take care of myself. That included regular manicures, expensive makeup, and days at the salon. I haven't had a manicure since I quit my job and I'm probably going to have skip the new highlights I've been sporting for a few months now. I'm also going to have to switch to drugstore makeup. Ouch! Oh well. I've also started selling a few things here and there, mostly for gas money. Now I'm still struggling a bit financially so I might start selling more things. So what? It's just stuff. I like my things, but I don't LOVE them. And this new found life of mine is all about love not like.

What I do love more than anything in my life is God, my family, and my dogs. Missy and Mister are my world and without them, well I don't really have anything. They pretty much are my family here in Washington and they will continue to be my family always. I can't blog about that enough. So I just want to make it clear I love not being attached to stuff. Every. Single. Day. 

No comments:

Post a Comment