Thursday, April 21, 2011

Ahhhhhhh!

Nothing beats a day at the salon. Every six weeks on Wednesday I camp out for about three hours while other people work on my up-keep. I wish I woke up looking amazing, but let's face it nobody does. We all rely on our creams, hair products, and stylists to make us look like the amazing women we all are.

This Wednesday's routine felt especially relaxing and I think I know why: No stress! Normally, I carry the weight of the world on my shoulders. Stress at the job would come home with me every night, mostly because I didn't have anyone to talk to about it in order to de-stress. At the salon, I would be thinking about work from the night before, what I still had left on my to-do list, what I was going to do in the time I had when I got home until I had to go to class. And there were some Wednesdays that I went straight from the salon to school. Yesterday, I didn't feel like I was carrying any of that around.

Ever since I put in my two weeks notices, I've felt such a sense of inner joy and relief. Don't get me wrong, I still dream in triple splits and stingers and wonder why Anderson Cooper opens up his show the way he does and what viewers think about it. But I just know in my heart that I can't work in a place where I'm not liked. I can't function without friends in my life, and when you spend all your time at work it becomes increasingly hard to find people outside of work. I felt trapped. Now I want to go run to the top of a mountain and just yell ahhhhh!!!!!!! Since I can't do that, I'll just love going to the salon. Every. Single. Day.

No comments:

Post a Comment