Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Go Cougs!

I've already written about my first great love, today I want to write about my most recent love, the Washington State University Cougars. I first started to like the Cougs when I lived in Kennewick. My Christmas family is huge Coug fans and they had a huge impact on me. They basically convinced me to cheer for the Cougars anytime they weren't up against the Big Ten. But it wasn't until I moved to Spokane that I fell in love with them.

The love affair started with a guy I dated. He happens to think the Cougs are the greatest team ever invented. It wasn't long after we started dating that everything important to him became important to me, including the Cougs. Even after that was so far gone, I still made my mom drive with me to Pullman to visit the campus on a cold, rainy June day. I wore my favorite Coug sweatshirt and made her take lots of pictures of me and Missy.



So now I tell people I'm a wannabe Coug. You can't really call me a bandwagoner because the Cougs will pretty much break your heart at every turn.You really do have to love them to stick with them. AND I even rooted for the Cougs over a Big Ten team! It was the first time in my life I'd ever rooted against the Big Ten. If that isn't love I'm not sure what is. I love the Cougars. Every. Single. Day. 

No comments:

Post a Comment