Monday, April 4, 2011

Stay at Home Dog Mom

As I kick off unemployment week two, I've decided to give my current status a new title. Instead of telling people I'm unemployed, I'm going to say I'm a stay at home dog mom. For those of you who are just getting to know me, I am the proud dog mom of two puparoos, Missy Mae and Mister. The Missaroo is a three year old Shepard Mix who I affectionately refer to as my pure breed mutt. The newest addition to the family is Mister. He is a one year old Chihuahua mix. They are the loves of my life that you can read all about in my other blog. Not only do I blog about them, but also about our adventures and the trials and tribulations of being a dog mom.

Don't get me wrong, the two of them can drive me absolutely nuts. After all, I am blogging from Starbucks instead of home for a reason. But another major factor in my deciding to quit my job is that the hours were getting too hard for the two of them. Missy has always been a bit of a puker and every time my schedule changed, I'd come home to throw up in her crate. The ten plus hour each weekend day also usually resulted in throw up, especially if I had a less than nine hour turnaround from Friday to Saturday. When Mister entered the family, things became even harder and more gross. He would go in his crate every Sunday night before I came home from work. I felt horrible coming in and seeing my little buddy in a crate surrounded by his own feces. I tried coming home five hours in to my work day to let them out, but it was only enough time for them to pee. I finally couldn't take it anymore. It was heart breaking. 

So now I have much more time to spend with my puparoos. I try to leave them for at least four hours a day so they don't completely forget what it's like to be in their crates when I go back into the workforce. But for now, I love being a dog mom. Every. Single. Day.

No comments:

Post a Comment