Sunday, April 3, 2011

Sunday Funday!

Sundays are all about going to church. From a previous post "There's a Form for That" I talk about being Lutheran, which means every Sunday my fanny is in church. It is also one of the biggest factors in my decision to resign my position. I use to work every single Sunday for 10 and a half hours, which means no church. I also missed out on going to church on holidays. I requested to work later shifts on days like Christmas Eve, Christmas Day, New Year's Eve and New Year's Day just so I could go to church, but of course no go. Last year was the least amount of church services I've ever attended in my life. This year I decided I have to go to church, even if that means quitting my job.

So why is going to church so important to me? Well first and foremost I love the Lord. Secondly, I need the Christian encouragement. I slip up and swear sometimes, I'm quick to anger, slow to love, and too judgmental just to name a few of my many flaws. I need church to help me start fresh every week. I need church to remember God loves me even though I am both sinner and saint. I need church to get me through because I have yet to make friends here and my family is 2,000 miles away. With God nothing is impossible, but without Him there is nothing.

I love and need the Lord. Every. Single. Day.

No comments:

Post a Comment