Saturday, April 2, 2011

The Kindness of Strangers

It's been another busy day that included a morning at the gym and another new class. This time I tried my hand, or my whole body rather, at zumba. It was super fun! The best part was I actually met someone my own age who didn't seem like she would simply hate me because some guy didn't! ((long story from my previous life)) Her name is Melissa and she let me zumba next to her. I think we're bffs.

After a quick walk with the dogs, and an even quicker shower, I was off to volunteer training at the Spokane Humane Society. I had never been there before so I looked up the directions via Google maps before heading out the door. It turned out to be one of the few times that Google maps led me astray. I ended up having to pull into a gas station in Hillyard to ask where I went wrong. Often known for being a poor, shady part of town, today nothing could have been further from the truth. Before the guy behind the counter could even offer help, the guy in front of me piped up with, "well where are you actually headed?" I told him and he gave me pin-point directions with a description of what I was looking for! It was more helpful than anything Google could have provided. If it weren't for that guy in front of me, I would have driven right past it at least once, but thanks to him I showed up at exactly 1pm.

I love the kindness of strangers. Every. Single. Day.

No comments:

Post a Comment