Friday, April 1, 2011

Funny Girl

I haven't had any trouble keeping busy this week. Staying busy is part of what keeps me positive and motivated. Mostly I've been job searching for several hours a day, walking my dogs, talking to my family, and resting. After that it's been a new adventure everyday.

On Monday, I discovered the downtown library for the first time. My first item to checkout was a DVD of "Funny Girl", because who doesn't love Barbara and a musical on a Monday? Tuesday I started this blog and I've been blogging from one of the Starbucks on the Hill ever since. Wednesday is still my appointment day, which requires a lot of running around. ((I don't wake up and look like this, you know)) Thursday I added going to the gym as part of my everyday routine. And Today I'm having the AARP do my taxes for free. I arrived at the library a half hour early and I'm already 14th in line! Last year I showed up when it started and although I can't remember what number I was, I do know I waited two hours before I got called. 

But before I got to the basement of the Spokane Valley library, I went to water aerobics class. Now these babes were a little closer to the Sit and Be Fit crowd I expected yesterday, but they were a hoot and took me into their class with a laugh and a smile. For April Fool's Day, the ladies decided to don funny hats to look like "fools." I of course, being the new gal didn't have one, so someone let me barrow theirs and even put it on for me. There was also a sub teaching the class today, and these feisty old gals and guys ((you can guess which group instigated the following)) decided to prank the other new gal. At 8:40am ((20 minutes before the end of class)) we all started to walk out of the pool. All 30 plus stopped what we were doing and headed for the door. It was pretty funny, and some of us even made it all the way out of the water before turning back around. Our wonderful instructor was in stitches. She had to sit down she was laughing so hard. Participating, in my ball cap, made me feel like one of the crowd even though I was the swan in a gaggle of ducks. 

Today my week came full circle. I love being the Funny Girl. Every. Single. Day. 

No comments:

Post a Comment